We’ve mostly been fixing bugs and making things internally look better in the libssh2 source code during the recent months so the new release I just uploaded, called version 1.2.7, isn’t really exciting to any particular level for outsiders. Existing users should however be fairly happy as we’ve addressed a fair bunch of bugs and some of them have been annoying us in the project for a long time.
I’m convinced this is the best libssh2 release we’ve ever made.
The list of bug-fixes include these:
- Better handling of invalid key files
- inputchecks: make lots of API functions check for NULL pointers
- libssh2_session_callback_set: extended the man page
- SFTP: limit write() to not produce overly large packets
- agent: make libssh2_agent_userauth() work blocking properly
- _libssh2_userauth_publickey: reject method names longer than the data
- channel_free: ignore problems with channel_close()
- typedef: make ssize_t get typedef without LIBSSH2_WIN32
- _libssh2_wait_socket: poll needs milliseconds
- libssh2_wait_socket: reset error code to “leak” EAGAIN less
- Added include for sys/select.h to get fd.set on some platforms
- session_free: free more data to avoid memory leaks
- openssl: make use of the EVP interface
- Fix underscore typo for 64-bit printf format specifiers on Windows
- Make libssh2_debug() create a correctly terminated string
- userauth_hostbased_fromfile: packet length too short
- handshake: Compression enabled at the wrong time
- Don’t overflow MD5 server hostkey
If you find other bugs or have patches, just bring them all to us!