The never-ending flow of creativity in the Rockbox project was today turned into a release that we label 3.2. The goodies this time include the things below. The three-months release cycle does prevent the list from growing terribly big…
- Faster text/graphics rendering on colour targets and in the greyscale library, speeding up list scrolling noticeably on ipod Video.
- PictureFlow supports all targets except Archos Player, and can function during playback on all non-Archos targets.
- Add LCD sleep/wakeup for iPod Video (5G, 5.5G) which allows significant increase of battery runtime.
- New game, Goban plugin.
- Battery charging on Sansa e200v1/c200v1.
- PictureFlow resizes cover art on load, and supports greyscale targets.
- Preliminary support for Ipod accessories.
What didn’t get included:
- The ‘natsort’ which sorts files with numbers as the number and not by ascii. This caused quite a lot of discussions and will be sorted out for 3.3
- The Rockbox USB stack. It has been enabled in SVN build for several weeks already, but due to it causing some pretty drastic problems to some users we decided to play it safe and disable it in the release. We really hope it’ll be fine for 3.3.
- Support for any new targets. The Gigabeat S, the Ondas and the AMS sansas aren’t terribly far away, but still not “there”.
A more detailed list can be found in the Release notes for 3.2.