I just mailed the curl-library list about us entering feature freeze for the upcoming 7.18.0 release. The plan is to have two weeks of bug fixing and time to allow people to find bugs, before we release it to the public. Please get a daily snapshot and give it a spin!
Here’s the changes that’ll be coming:
- –no-keepalive – now curl does connections with keep-alive enabled by default
- –socks4a added (proxy type CURLPROXY_SOCKS4A for libcurl)
- –socks5-hostname added (CURLPROXY_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME for libcurl)
- CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION and CURLOPT_SEEKDATA
- curl –help output was re-ordered
… and there are 26 bug fixes mentioned in the RELEASE-NOTES in progress so far!
2 thoughts on “curl 7.18.0 feature freeze”
Hmm… I notice that Firefox 3 has changed their cookie format to a sqlite database. Are there any plans to support this cookie format? I use this feature a LOT.
No there are no plans as I wasn’t even aware of this until this evening, and as I mentioned in this post we’re now in feature freeze.
For those who want to track this feature-request, check this URL:
Comments are closed.