Mainly thanks to the 22 friends named in the release notes, curl and libcurl 7.18.1 was released today with the news and fixes that should prove this the best curl and libcurl versions ever – I guess we always have to believe that our latest is the greatest, why else would we release it?
- added support for “HttpOnly” cookies
- ‘make ca-bundle’ downloads and generates an updated ca bundle file
- we no longer distribute or install a ca cert bundle
- SSLv2 is now disabled by default for SSL operations
- the test509-style setting URL in callback is officially no longer supported
- support a full chain of certificates in a given PKCS12 certificate
- resumed transfers work with SFTP
- added type checking macros for curl_easy_setopt() and curl_easy_getinfo(), watch out for new warnings in code using libcurl (needs gcc-4.3 and currently only works in C mode)
- curl_easy_setopt(), curl_easy_getinfo(), curl_share_setopt() and curl_multi_setopt() uses are now checked to use exactly three arguments
- –with-ca-path=DIR configure option allows to set an openSSL CApath instead of a default ca bundle.
As usual, you can download it here.