I'm happy to announce the release of c-ares 1.5.3. c-ares is an asynchronous name resolver and somewhat generic DNS library with a liberal MIT-style license.
The news this time include:
- fix adig sample application compilation failure on some systems
- fix pkg-config reporting of private libraries needed for static linking
- fallback to gettimeofday when monotonic clock is unavailable at run-time
- ares_gethostbyname() fallback from AAA to A records with CNAME present
- allow --enable-largefile and --disable-largefile configurations
- configure process no longer needs nor checks size of curl_off_t
- library will now be built with _REENTRANT symbol defined if needed
- Improved configure detection of number of arguments for getservbyport_r
- Improved query-ID randomness
- Validate that DNS response address matches the request address
- fix acountry sample application compilation failure on some systems
I'm also happy to see that the development version of Wireshark is currently using c-ares.
If you're a graphics person, we'll appreciate some kind of logo/symbol thing for the project!