I was a guest at the software at scale podcast a while ago and the recording went up recently. We talked about a lot of things curl, including:
- The complexity behind HTTP. What goes on behind the scenes when I make a web request?
- The organizational work behind internet-wide RFCs, like HTTP/3.
- Rust in curl. The developer experience, and the overall experience of integrating Hyper.
- WebSockets support in curl
- Fostering an open-source community.
- People around the world think Daniel has hacked their system, because of the curl license often included in malicious tools.
- Does curl have a next big thing?