This is collected random docs I've written. Still a bit sparse, but I'll move over some other stuff here in the future.
- Bittorrent vs HTTP - a comparison of similarities and differences between the protocols
- curl vs libcurl - what are the different curl and libcurl really?
- curl vs Wget - a comparison of similarities and differences for ordinary humans
- curl vs HTTPie - a comparison of similarities and differences
- Encrypted Transfer Protocols Compared - FTPS vs HTTPS vs SFTP vs SCP
- Everything curl - the curl book
- FTP vs HTTP - a comparison of similarities and differences between the protocols
- http2 explained - document explaining the new version of HTTP.
- IRC history - how Internet Relay Chat took off.
- poll vs select vs event-based - a comparison of the syscalls and the event-based alternatives
- SSH Through or Over Proxy - how to connect out to the Internet when locked in behind a HTTP proxy
I participate within IETF and I am credited for my contributions to:
- RFC 7616 - HTTP Digest Access Authentication
- RFC 7230 - 7235 - HTTP 1.1
- RFC 7151 - File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts
- RFC 6265 - HTTP State Management Mechanism (On my blog: The cookie RFC 6265)
- RFC 6249 - Metalink/HTTP: Mirrors and Hashes
- RFC 5854 - The Metalink Download Description Format
I never wrote any "real" book, but I was technical reviewer of the following books: