The curl user survey 2023 ran for two full weeks in the end of May, in the same fashion we run it every year.
I have then collected all the answers, ran the numbers and looked at the trends and put all the conclusions and graphs into a single document for everyone to enjoy.
Five quick things
If you are in too much of a hurry to read it all, here are five key facts this year’s survey revealed:
- curl users leave Twitter and join Mastodon in notable amounts
- Windows 11 is growing quickly as a platform curl users are on
- HTTP/3 is used by a quarter of all curl users
- WebSocket reached the top-10 of most used protocols before its first birthday
- The positive comments in section 21 are heart-warming
The final document is a 3MB 36 page PDF with collected data and conclusions. You find it here:
I will do a dedicated live-streamed video presentation of this curl user survey 2023 analysis and talk about how I see the numbers, the trends and maybe also show some additional data that was left out from the final document.
This is the 10th year we run the survey. Here are links to five previous analysis documents: