I’m happy to announce that we now have a version 1.1 of libssh2 released! Noticeable changes this time include:
- Downloads using SCP or SFTP are now significantly faster
- Added a Libtool -export-symbols-regex flag to reduce the number of exported symbols in shared libraries.
- Added a bunch of new man pages and renamed some of the previous ones
- Enhanced download performance
- Made libssh2_scp_recv() and libssh2_scp_send() deal with spaces in filenames
- Fixed the bad randomness and off-by-one in libssh2_channel_x11_req_ex()
- Added libssh2_version()
- Fixed libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex() to not fail when called a second time
- Fixed libssh2_channel_write_ex problems in blocking situations
- ‘make check’ runs fine on cygwin
- Added libssh2_channel_receive_window_adjust2() and deprecatedÂ libssh2_channel_receive_window_adjust()
- better socket error handling internally on win32
- libssh2 now always set the socket non-blocking internally and deals with the interface as blocking or non-blocking set by libssh2_session_set_blocking.
The library is rapidly maturing and is getting really usable. I’m happy to see that there’s a community slowly building up around this and I’m also grateful for my sponsor paying for parts of the fixes that contribute to make this release the best ever in libssh2’s history.